Reports to: Senior Director, Regional People Operations
Location: Helsinki, Finland
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content – including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, India, Germany, and Singapore.
Fueled by a successful Series D funding round led by Viking Global and Goldman Sachs, AlphaSense is now on an accelerated path to becoming IPO ready, which in turn will further propel our mission to “Empower professionals to make smarter business decisions with confidence and speed.” We’re supercharging our extraordinary growth through vertical customer segments; multi-product offerings; global expansion; and a thoughtful acquisition strategy. We’re implementing the systems, processes, policies, and other infrastructure capabilities that enable scale, build efficiencies, and position us to operate as a public company. And we’re doing all this while sustaining the agility and focus of a startup.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Global People Team is made up of seasoned professionals with a diverse range of expertise – spanning talent acquisition, business partnering, regional operations, and a growing core of functional experts in culture, leadership, talent, learning, organizational development, compensation, benefits, systems, and analytics. Building on the recent global launch of Workday, we are supporting the company’s continued hyper-growth focused on two core corporate objectives – building the operational excellence and scalable infrastructure to deliver our strategy while supporting profitable growth; and evolving our culture so it is optimized for delivering our strategy and supporting our growth and scale while attracting and retaining top talent.
About the Role:
As the Global Mobility Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in facilitating the smooth and efficient management of our global talent needs. You will collaborate closely with various stakeholders, including People, Legal, Finance, and external partners, to ensure compliance with immigration, tax, and employment regulations. Your attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and ability to navigate complex global mobility and hiring processes will be key to your success in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide ongoing support to relocating employees with assignment matters such as questions regarding payroll, benefits, immigration, expenses, insurances, and local benefits e.g. housing, transportation, schooling, shipping, and local registrations.
- Draft and refine our global mobility policy.
- Collaborate with People Business Partners to understand employee mobility & global talent needs.
- Ensure compliance with local immigration laws, tax regulations, and employment policies across various jurisdictions.
- Research, prepare proposals, and create project plans for new entity creations, coordinating with relevant stakeholders internally and externally.
- Coordinate with external partners, such as counsel and relocation services providers.
- Maintain accurate employee records related to mobility and track relevant information such as assignment durations, work permits, and visa expirations.
- Stay updated on global immigration trends, regulatory changes, and best practices related to global mobility and global talent markets.
- Own the management of our Employer of Record, Deel - which includes adding new users, verifying invoices, and liaising with our Account Manager for questions.
- Create internal control procedures for contingent workers.
- Assist in entity formation People-related processes as needed.
- Coordinate and draft proposals for global transfer requests
- Create information guides and checklists to support employees in their global transfers
- Track US & UK visas and manage visa preparations with immigration counsel (L-1, H-1B, TN, F-1, PERM, Skilled Worker, etc.)
- Manage new work visas in Finland together with the relocating employee
- Draft invitation letters and other letters related to travel business visas
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in global mobility, immigration, or related fields
- You have knowledge of international immigration laws, tax regulations, and employment policies
- You have familiarity with various types of work permits, visas, and relocation processes
- You have exceptional organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with employees, managers, and external partners across geographic locations
- You are flexible and considerate of time zones
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured environment
- You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You have strong ethics, demonstrated discretion, and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential information.
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.