Location: New York, NY or Anywhere in US (Remote)
Reports to: VP, Demand Generation
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Marketing is a revenue and pipeline focused marketing team that encompasses demand generation, product marketing, corporate communications, PR / AR, brand, customer marketing, content marketing, and events. At our core, we’re here to support AlphaSense’s growth, which we do by contributing to pipeline and revenue; developing a brand that’s widely known to the markets we serve; and encouraging user engagement both within our product and with our brand.
About the Role:
Over the past six months, we have invested more than ever in creating a world-class demand gen machine. From technology investments like Marketo and Qualified to developing an end-to-end lead to revenue model, there’s just one thing still missing - a strategic, visionary Director of Content Marketing that can fuel the demand engine to drive faster pipeline and revenue growth.
You'll be tasked with leveraging AlphaSense data to tell stories that add value to our audience, and as a result, drive demand generation and brand awareness in the market. As the Director of Content Marketing, you will be responsible for overseeing and improving our existing content programs, as well as developing and deploying a content marketing strategy with the help of a small but mighty team. You'll capitalize on the vast breadth of data within the AlphaSense platform to tell data-driven stories about current events, emerging trends, and market shifts to a growing audience of corporate and financial services professionals. We believe that this role -- and the content marketing function more broadly -- will have a massive impact on the business, and we're looking for the right leader to show us how it's done.
Who You Are:
- You are a stellar communicator with a love for data. You see AlphaSense as a gold mine of data-driven stories waiting to be shared through a variety of platforms and content types.
- You thrive within a marketing team where demand gen is the core focus. You believe that great marketing begins with adding value, and you know how to balance creating great content and digital experiences with a need to drive pipeline and consistently demonstrate revenue impact.
- You are obsessed with the customer -- what they care about, what they fear, what they consume, and why they engage with us. While you have good instincts when it comes to testing new experiences, you rely on quantitative and qualitative feedback mechanisms to improve over time.
- You have a passion for using technology to create interactive content experiences and visualize data. You are excited to push the boundaries of the stories we can tell by leveraging our API.
- You have experience managing and coaching teams (or better yet, internal or external networks) of writers to scale content output while maintaining a high bar. You’re comfortable coaching domain experts to produce content that is in line with our goals.
- You have proven experience working in a startup environment where resources are limited and ambiguity is… not so limited. You have a clear passion for building and you love moving quickly, but you also know that you must simultaneously build systems and processes that will scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a comprehensive content marketing strategy and vision, in partnership with Demand Generation and Product Marketing, to support our pipeline goals and drive brand awareness.
- Oversee production of all content, including blog content, long-form guides and reports, digital experiences, and newsletter brands.
- Manage our existing Content Marketing Manager and hire 2 additional content marketers.
- Oversee a nascent but growing contributor network of domain experts, and partner with Customer Marketing to incentivize users to create high-value content.
- Leverage AlphaSense data and the Search Feed API to create digital experiences that showcase the value of AlphaSense in a “show, not tell” way.
- Track and communicate content marketing goals and KPIs, as well as program metrics, with a focus on learning and improving over time.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.