AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and accomplished Director of Corporate Sales to join our growing Corporate Sales team focused on selling top Fortune 1000 companies. This is an opportunity to join a high growth company to manage a group of AEs who are selling an award winning product that is experiencing rapid adoption across all industry verticals. This person will own the strategic build out of the corporate sales strategy and be a significant driver of company revenue and growth.
Who You Are:
- An Accomplished Sales Professional: Proven track record in managing a team who meets/exceeds targets in a b2b SaaS environment. You understand Sales is both art and science, and clearly can articulate your version of the ‘science of sales’; what activity leads to success and ultimately what the team needs to do to consistently hit their targets.
- Hard-working and possess a ‘never give up’ attitude: We have a highly motivated team and a winning culture. We look for people who possess a natural tenacity and desire to succeed. You set the example for work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Intellectually Curious: You know the right questions to ask and how to uncover business challenges at all levels of an organization from Analysts to C-level executives.
- A Strong Communicator: You have the skills necessary to manage a team and work cross functionally across the organization to get the best results.
- Data-Driven: Using data /insights to measure / adjust your sales strategy reviewing progress at regular intervals. This includes being able to provide regular reporting/status updates on your teams pipeline progress.
- Knowledgeable about the personas we sell into: Our product is sold enterprise-wide, but we have particular success within Corporate Strategy, Market Intelligence, Business Development, M&A, Investor Relations and research-related functions.
- Inspirational Team Leader: This is a pure coaching role. Understanding how to motivate and lead a best in class team of AE’s.
What You’ll Do:
- Take responsibility for 8-12 AE's who manage the end-end sales processes in your territory, targeting corporate intelligence departments
- Become an expert on corporate customer needs and use cases, market dynamics, company capabilities, competitive landscape, and product differentiation
- Develop and implement a strategy and tactical plan working with the sales and marketing teams
- Collaborate with other groups in the sales and marketing teams to ensure a unified/cohesive sales effort
- Report plan execution progress including notable milestones and deliverables
- Forecast accurately and help the team develop the necessary pipeline to meet/exceed their quota