AIR COMPANY is the world's-leading carbon utilization company, creating consumer and industrial products from carbon dioxide (CO2). Our mission is to address the dramatic surge in atmospheric carbon levels to ensure long-term planetary health and life on Earth. To curb emissions that affect climate change, AIR COMPANY has invented a proprietary power-to-liquids technology that mimics the recipe of photosynthesis. Using only renewable energy, our systems convert captured CO2 into carbon-negative alcohols and fuels with just oxygen as a byproduct. These CO2-based chemicals are then applied to a variety of consumer and industrial products, helping to decarbonize entire economic ecosystems.
Through carbon technology innovation, AIR COMPANY is creating a profound shift in the sustainable production standards across industries of all kinds. With three carbon-negative consumer products brought to-market thus far (AIR Vodka, AIR Eau de Parfum and AIR Hand Sanitizer), AIR COMPANY is moving towards world-scale impact with its latest innovation: CO2-derived sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Since its inception, AIR COMPANY has won an incredible amount of highly acclaimed awards including TIME Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, the NASA CO2 Conversion Challenge, R&D World’s R&D 100, and most recently, the Keeling Curve Prize.
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team. This role will report to our Head of People. In this role, you will bring an independent viewpoint and HR expertise to business issues and work closely with all departments to support our business goals, objectives, and overall success. The ideal candidate will have a background in HR, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to provide guidance and support to all levels of employees. This role is in person and will work out of our offices based in Soho and Bushwick.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $105,000-$135,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies, procedures, and practices. Developing strategies to support their goals and objectives
- Manage employee relations and performance issues, including support with coaching and counseling employees and conducting investigations as necessary.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition and managers to identify talent needs and develop recruitment strategies to attract and retain top talent
- Facilitate training and development initiatives to support employee growth and development
- Design and execute HR projects and initiatives that create the best possible employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle including development, talent management, organizational design, change management, and engagement
- Set up and track relevant metrics and KPIs and use them to drive business results
- Create and implement HR technology to apply HR management practices
- Analyze HR metrics to identify trends and make recommendations to improve HR policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employments laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with managers and employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in G Suite and HRIS systems
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM preferred
- Solution oriented, passion for developing and implementing solution