At AIR COMPANY we are paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO₂ into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide and water via renewable energy into carbon-negative chemicals and fuels.
We have commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and have been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. AIR COMPANY has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
We are proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Dr. Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Our team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our team. This role will report to a Lead Scientist. This position will contribute to the development of novel technologies to produce Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) from CO2, supporting Air Company’s business Growth. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Conduct in-depth research and development activities to identify new catalyst formulations, and synthesis methods to improve catalyst performance, stability, and selectivity
- Design and execute experiments with minimal supervision to meet the project goals.
- Record, analyze, interpret, and present data to stakeholders.
- Supervise chemists and technicians on catalyst synthesis and testing.
- Work closely with cross functional teams
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 0-3 years of experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- Experience in heterogeneous catalyst development
- Ability to work in a hands-on laboratory setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new techniques related to catalyst synthesis and testing.
- Maintain a safe and compliant working environment, adhering to all relevant regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Prior experience in reactor set-up and maintenance.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage of employee insurance premiums, and 50% coverage of spouse & dependent insurance premiums.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- A tax deferred 401(k) Plan to invest in your future
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Friday catered meals