AIR COMPANY is the world's-leading carbon utilization company, creating consumer and industrial products from carbon dioxide (CO2). Our mission is to address the dramatic surge in atmospheric carbon levels to ensure long-term planetary health and life on Earth. To curb emissions that affect climate change, AIR COMPANY has invented a proprietary power-to-liquids technology that mimics the recipe of photosynthesis. Using only renewable energy, our systems convert captured CO2 into carbon-negative alcohols and fuels with just oxygen as a byproduct. These CO2-based chemicals are then applied to a variety of consumer and industrial products, helping to decarbonize entire economic ecosystems.
Through carbon technology innovation, AIR COMPANY is creating a profound shift in the sustainable production standards across industries of all kinds. With three carbon-negative consumer products brought to-market thus far (AIR Vodka, AIR Eau de Parfum and AIR Hand Sanitizer), AIR COMPANY is moving towards world-scale impact with its latest innovation: CO2-derived sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Since its inception, AIR COMPANY has won an incredible amount of highly acclaimed awards including TIME Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, the NASA CO2 Conversion Challenge, R&D World’s R&D 100, and most recently, the Keeling Curve Prize.
We are looking for a full time Senior Process Operator to join our team. This role will report to our Senior Plant Manager. The position will support the Engineering and Operations team at Air Company’s Innovation Center and Air Factory both located in Brooklyn, New York.
Ideal candidates will have experience with operating chemical reaction systems or other pressure equipment and must be highly competent in production optimization. These systems can operate in manual, semi-automatic or fully-automated modes. Candidates must have a strong attention to detail and ideally have experience with data collection and sample management. Research and development or process improvement experience is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with gas to liquids operations experience.
The range for this role is $75,000-$85,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Support the Senior Plant Manager by acting as the team lead for the Process operators
- Start, stop, control and monitor a fixed bed flow reactor and auxiliary reactor systems. This will involve
- Adjusting, testing and operating pumps, valves, controls and other components of Systems
- Monitoring, recording and interpreting system parameters on Honeywell Experion software
- Operate tertiary electrolyzer and compressor systems for H₂ production
- Contribute to achieve acceptable quality standards and production uptime greater than 90%.
- Obtain data exports and perform various calculations as required.
- Troubleshooting and light repair of process equipment as well as coordinating with third party contractors where required
- Assist with re-engineering and scaling up of Air Company’s reactor technology.
- Coordinate transportation and handling of inbound and outbound hazardous chemicals. These include
- CO2 deliveries
- Outbound ethanol from system
- Bulk lubricants and coolants
- Shift work to maintain a 24/7 continuous operational cycle
- Willing to work flexible extended hours in an industrial environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods on hard surfaces is a must
- Physically able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- HS diploma and/or industry specific training/experience required
- Experience in operating or engineering equipment for chemical or petrochemical facilities
- Familiar with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work proactively and independently with an eagerness to learn
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn and use specialized complex software
- Team player with a strong passion for fostering a safe collaborative work environment
- Interest in sustainability, technology, science, cultural progress, and startup environments is a plus