Ahrefs is looking for a backend developer with deep understanding of networks, distributed systems, OS fundamentals and taste for simple and efficient architectural designs. Our backend is mostly implemented in OCaml with some D and C++.
In this role, be prepared to deal with 25 petabytes of live data, OCaml and Linux on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in OCaml
- Knowledge of D or C++ is a plus
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Independently deal with bugs, schedule tasks and investigate code
- Make well-reasoned technical choices and take responsibility for them
- Understand the whole technology stack at all levels: from network and user-space code to OS internals and hardware
- Handle full development cycle of a single component i.e. formalize task, write code and tests, setup and support production, resolve user requests
- Approach problems with a practical mindset and suppress perfectionism when time is a priority
- Write flexible, maintainable code and adapt to post-launch requirements/tweaks
These requirements stem naturally from our approach to development with fast feedback cycle, highly-focused personal areas of responsibility and strong tendency to vertical component splitting.
If your preference is leaning towards making the web functional and working on user-facing stuff, you may want to consider our ReasonML position instead.
What You Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Informal and thriving work atmosphere
- Above-average perks and fringe benefits
- [Office] First-class workplace (hardware, software, etc) in the modern office
- [Remote] Hardware allowance
Ahrefs does not engage with agencies or third party recruitment solutions for the roles we hire for. If at any point we need help, we'll let you know!