Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
- Partner with Product and Capitals Markets teams to understand and implement complex financial structures and integrations.
- Design and develop core services which will enable safe and auditable scaling of critical business processes.
- Build robust testing environments to continually evaluate performance and regression.
- Learn about structured finance including warehouse lending, forward flow, and ABS (Asset Backed Securitization).
- Automate away complexity and risk.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Proven experience designing and building complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks is a plus.
- Familiarity with Python, Spark, React, AWS (EC2, ECS, S3), and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Prior experience with financial systems and capital markets is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Pay Grade - ESP29
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
ESP base pay range per year:
We are able to offer visa sponsorship, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.