Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for an exceptional Forecasting Analyst to build operations forecasts across internal and external teams, skills, and omnichannel servicing for Merchant Operations (B2B). In addition to owning forecasting and planning, this role will be responsible for analysis on business cases and benefits realization that ultimately impacts the staffing of the team. This hybrid forecasting and analytics role will work closely with Program Management to understand the impact of change initiatives to our merchant-facing teams capacity and volume distribution. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, an eagerness to work cross-functionally, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult and ambiguous problems.
What you'll do
- Own Merchant Operations forecasting and planning. Create detailed and robust forecasting and capacity models considering multiple inputs. Deliver staffing plans with execution and budget in mind.
- Be the POC for staffing related questions. Strategize and operationalize flexing capacity while facing unexpected needs.
- Help the team with operational and financial analysis and insights, including sizing, business cases, benefits realization and root cause analysis, across operations impacting initiatives, in close partnership with growth analytics
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business priorities, formulate and execute end-to-end analytics workflow that includes defining critical metrics, data instrumentation and gathering, experimentation, analysis, and building meaningful dashboards and forecasts
- Translate analytical outcomes and results into compelling narratives/presentations for multiple levels of leadership
What we look for
- 5+ years of proven ability in a forecasting, planning or analytical role
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets and JSON. Knowledge of statistical/time series analysis or Python is a plus.
- Strong social skills and experience managing and collaborating on cross-functionally projects
- Experience with simultaneously balancing multiple workstreams and prioritizing team's roadmap
- Ability to start with an ambiguous problem, deconstruct it into tangible steps, and work towards an impactful solution
- Proficiency in communicating research and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- An appreciation for qualitative and quantitative analysis and an admiration for good design
- Willingness to go out of you way to help teammates
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.