Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The vision for the Batch Infra team @ Affirm team is to provide reliable, scalable, self-serve and Affirm-optimized compute solution to enable ML, Product, and Financial Engineering success. Our team is responsible for building and maintaining compute platform that serves as a backbone for processing various Business critical batch workloads at Affirm through a wide suite of scheduled and on-demand compute solutions built on the cloud. Affirm is growing rapidly and so is the need for reliable and high availability frameworks. If solving infrastructure challenges at scale excites you, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Shape the technical direction, strategy, and roadmap of Batch Infra Compute platform.
- Design and build compute infrastructure systems, services, and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions.
- Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of the Batch Infrastructure at scale and high reliability.
- Engage other teams at Affirm about their use of the Batch Infrastructure to ensure we are always building the right thing.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- 7+ years of experience
- Strong sense of ownership with proven track record of successfully driving large cross-functional technical programs.
- Experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed compute, and data processing systems.
- Experience with Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes, and other open-source technologies.
- Experience with or working knowledge for efficiently scaling Kubernetes for Spark and other types of batch workloads.
- Skilled at developing and debugging in Python/Kotlin or the ability to learn them quickly (Python/Kotlin).
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers.
- Technical leadership; capable of handling mentorship, cross functional project execution, and solid individual contribution.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on complex technical projects by collaborating closely with stakeholders.
- Eager to learn new things and have a growth mindset.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in the data infrastructure domain.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - 31
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.