Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our team works on high profile initiatives with regular exposure to Affirm executives! This is a great opportunity to build your career in a fast-paced industry where things are constantly evolving! If this sounds exciting to you, please apply today.
The Corporate Development Lead will support the M&A processes to identify and capitalize market, industry and economic opportunities. This position requires continuous collaboration with team members across the company.
You will contribute to and own M&A research - driving internal alignment, developing analyses, leading deal execution, and communicating clearly. Our team will rely on you to provide insights and recommendations to drive informed decision-making.
What you'll do
- M&A project management, opportunity assessment, deal thesis development, financial & valuation analysis, and due diligence structuring
- Source, research, and recommend M&A targets and strategic opportunities
- Develop and present recommendations to senior leaders / partners to enable informed decision-making
- Become an authority on our industry, adjacent markets, and other consumer financial companies
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams and leadership to evaluate and close opportunities
What we look for
- 3-5 years of work experience with a combination of technology, investment banking, private equity and management consulting roles; prior experience with buy-side M&A transactions a plus
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Diligent and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management
- Ability to perform quantitative analyses. Familiarity with accounting, operating metrics, and unit economics
- Ability to develop strong relationships and influence without authority
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.