Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
At Affirm, we’re reinventing consumer finance by delivering honest financial products that improve lives. We offer financing to more customers than traditional credit and because of our values, we never charge hidden fees. Affirm is dedicated to changing the way consumer finance works, and we’re just getting started. People’s relationship with their money is deeply personal and complex. Every day, they make decisions based on their means, whether it’s to make a purchase or invest in their future. We build experiences that give them freedom, security, knowledge, to improve their financial wellness.
As a Staff Product Designer for our new Design System team, you will have the opportunity to maintain, expand, and grow Affirm’s design system that supports and impacts most products developed at Affirm. Our goal is to enable and drive faster, more efficient product development as well as build a more cohesive experience for our customers. You will drive and own initiatives along with engineering counterparts to develop and execute a strategy for adoption cross-functionally.
Design at Affirm is responsible for crafting product experiences that help people make important financial decisions, everyday to a few times a year. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most as we believe it is more than a tactic to build excellent products; it’s a helping hand, a new opportunity, a vision for the future to improve personal finance.
What you'll do
- Develop a framework and vision for evolving and executing a design system
- Think holistically about the system to create documentation, guidelines, recommendations, and processes for using and adding to the system
- Partner with engineering as well as product development teams across the organization to create a system that enables our development process.
- Drive conversations and adoption across the organization
- Be able to test, measure, and prioritize tasks and create a roadmap.
- Own and maintain the design system while collaborating with other designers
- Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates. Participate in weekly design critiques.
What we look for
- 5+ years experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- 3+ years of experience in a design systems role
- Ability to drive projects autonomously
- Experience being responsible for a design system for a large organization
- A strong passion for well polish visuals
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
- Experience setting priorities through collaboration with design and engineering
- Experience with WCAG requirements
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.