Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Help Affirm scale to $100 Billion in loan originations!
We are looking for an experienced SDET to join our Test Engineering team, which is responsible for designing and supporting test tools, along with leading an integrated test program above the unit test level. This team is involved in sourcing frameworks, training, creating tutorials, running a center of excellence, and implementing / leading test strategy at Affirm.
We are experiencing explosive growth for our core lending product, which leads to continuous change in our software platform. With ambitious uptime targets and continuous availability as a platform over the internet, Affirm products are expected to “just work.” The total engineering effort to accomplish that includes DevOps, infrastructure, testing in production, configuration flags, continuous monitoring, and a great deal of testing on many levels. Meanwhile, you will also be part of accelerating the growth of the company by designing test strategies to launch new products.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you'll do:
- Join a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET)s - Fully qualified programmers who will work on frameworks and developer enablement, teaching, supporting, growing, and working on Affirm’s internal software testing effort.
- Design, document, and lead test strategy from unit tests end to end.
- Identify gaps in coverage, test skills, tools, incentives and expectations, then work to resolve those gaps.
- Systematize and Institutionalize a system such as RCRCRC to create a more accurate, predictive model for risk and coverage.
- Develop a system to measure and model depth of testing.
- Contribute to, if not lead the company’s performance, security, accessibility, and internationalization test strategy
- Support other engineering groups with test excellence - enable faster delivery and self-service instead of building a bottleneck
- Help Affirm scale testing as the company scales its growth, without sacrificing quality, speed of delivery, speed of feedback, or depth of coverage. Improve risk/effort ratio of testing over time using empirical data.
- Model testing as one piece of the quality puzzle, as part of a collaborative group that uses other common DevOps, Agile, and Modern techniques.
- Collaborate as a part of the Developer Productivity group to optimize Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipeline.
What we look for:
- Drive to change software testing and delivery for the better.
- Demonstrated experience in a test engineering and/or DevOps organization.
- Technical competence. We are looking for engineers who do software testing and help others do it. An operational understanding of DevOps, SaaS, Docker, Git, CI/CD, and Kubernetes will be relevant, along with technical fluency in Service Oriented Architectures and SOA and API testing.
- Progressive responsibility within DevOps, specifically testing, over the past 5+ years, with a preference for test enablement than testing as a managed service.
- Prior experience testing, launching, and supporting architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.