Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Billing Engineering team increases Affirm’s profitability and repayment rates through billing and collection systems innovation. This team is responsible for the repayment and billing experience for customers and the system of record for billing schedules and overdueness for loans. We launch features to deliver world-class repayment experiences to Affirm’s customers. This team plays a critical role in supporting the explosive growth of Affirm. We focus on providing robust, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable services.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Staff Software Engineer to help lead the Billing team.
What You'll Do
- Architect billing and collection platforms to enable product innovation and personalization of customer experience.
- Extend the billing and collection platforms for rapid global deployment, scaling, and expansion while adhering to strict SLAs.
- Increase repayment rate and promote Affirm’s customer retention and royalty by delivering a world-class billing and repayment experience.
- Mentor a product engineering team responsible for Affirm’s core product offering.
- Partner cross-functionally with product and business teams to translate requirements into robust, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable solutions.
What We Look For
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- Past experience growing engineering teams through direct mentorship, code review, pairing, group learning sessions, and effective task delegation.
- A business-impact-driven, pragmatic approach to delivering projects on time with high quality.
- Proven architectural design skills for building highly scalable online/offline data-driven systems.
- Focus on building strong relationships with stakeholders through collaborative problem solving and translating requirements into future-facing solutions.
- Extensive knowledge about billing and financial systems.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.