Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What you'll do
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service
- Building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Build effective tools for our Risk Operations team to help uncover fraud in real time
- Support Data Science by providing them with the signals needed to build effective models
- Integrate third party solutions and data into our loan application to determine applicant risk
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
What we look for
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's mission - "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services, fraud detection and risk decisioning systems
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.