Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you love building simple but amazing products that help people live a better financial life? We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Director of Product to define the future of financial services and work closely with our team on building it today.
You will lead the product team responsible for the core product foundation upon which Affirm’s financial products are built. As Affirm grows over the next few years, we expect to attract even more diversity in the millions of users and merchants that we serve. Being thoughtful in how we build amazing consumer servicing experiences, leading edge fraud/identity products to protect our consumers and merchants, and financial product infrastructure will be essential in serving these new customers. In this role, you will oversee fraud, identity, membership, care, capital, and machine learning.
Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives!
What you'll do
- Lead and develop a team of 8 world class product managers, including 2 managers
- Work with Affirm leadership and cross-functional leads to define the long-term, strategic direction for the group
- Deeply understand the needs and problems of our users and build innovative financial technology products.
- Collaborate across multiple executive stakeholders – including engineering, design, finance, risk, sales and legal – to ensure your teams can successfully launch and scale our products
- Build a deep, system knowledge on the user impact of product features and define key metrics for success
What we look for
- 12+ years of product management experience, need to have managed a team (ideally 5+ years of management experience)
- Proven ability to scale and foster a team while leading from a product driven stance
- Able to influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
- Track record of successfully launching and growing products
- Balances outstanding user insight with high analytical rigor
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Obsesses over getting the product details right but knows how to ship on time