WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are seeking individuals who are Clinical Social Workers, Additions Counselors, Masters Level Practical Counselors, and Marriage and Family Therapists. The ideal candidate must either be upon hire or on track to receive their license within 6 months of hire. WellPower provides free licensure supervision. Candidates who have passed their licensure exam and are receiving supervision, and can be licensed in less than 6 months may be considered for this position.
You would provide direct mental health clinical assessments and treatment to individuals with mental illness. Work with others in a clinical team environment to help individuals move toward recovery.
Learn more about WellPower:
- MASTERS SALARY (WellPower provides free licensure supervision): $27.08/hr
- LICENSED SALARY LPC/LMFT/LCSW : $32.17/hr - $32.67
- LAC - plus $1/hr
WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://wellpower.org/workplace-of-choice/.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy to assigned clients.
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or assigned.
- Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and follow-up at disposition times.
- Assist clients with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate client's use of other WellPower programs and outside community resources.
- Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with WellPower standards.
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) “mental health hold” evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or similar field. Current license or on track to be a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in the State of Colorado.
Minimum of three years experience in clinical social work. Experience working with moderate to severe and persistently mentally ill populations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- 9 Paid Holidays – including Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and more
- Robust Benefits Package – our benefits start at 30 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement match
- Employee Resource Groups – our ERG’s offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Gainsharing – we offer a bonus to employees if the organization meets certain requirements for the year
- $52,000/year minimum wage for all employees – we believe that our employees should earn a livable wage conducive to the cost of living in Denver, Colorado
- Free Licensure Supervision – for LCSWs/LPCs/LMFTs
- Sports Leagues – we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more