Aditum Bio is a new model of biotech venture capital uniquely positioned to rapidly translate scientific discoveries into innovative new medicines. Aditum brings together unmatched scientific and domain expertise, combined with operational capabilities. Our agile operating model enables rapid company formation, planning, and execution for a new model of drug development. We identify transformative therapies to help patient populations with unmet need, rapidly incubating companies with our platform of medical, scientific, and operational experts. Launched in 2019 by former Novartis CEO Joe Jimenez and former President of the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Dr. Mark Fishman, Aditum currently manages a broad portfolio of preclinical and clinical stage companies.
Aditum Bio is seeking a Chief Development Officer to own the strategy and execution for all incubated companies. A key member of the Aditum Bio leadership team, the Development Head will oversee a growing organization of clinical and pre-clinical functions.
- Own the strategy, direction, and execution of Aditum Bio incubated companies’ preclinical and clinical programs
- Develop strategies and development plans in collaboration with incubated company leadership teams
- Manage execution of all pre-clinical and clinical activity
- Advise incubated companies on scientific, clinical and operational questions
- Serve as the accountable leader for the incubated company portfolio research and development goals
- Manage the R&D organization to optimize execution across portfolio companies
- Identify growing needs across the organization and build appropriate capabilities in house or with external consultants
- Oversee and grow a team of high-impact functional experts and program leaders
- Oversee and mentor a growing R&D organization
- Promote and foster a culture of high-quality execution, aligned with Aditum Bio’s core values of patient centricity, curiosity, collaboration and courage
- MD, or PhD in relevant health sciences. MD/PhD preferred
- At least 10 years of industry experience in leading R&D programs
- Track record of success in drug discovery and development
- Experience in senior management positions, preferably in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience leading and managing high quality teams
- Ability to work hybrid from Oakland, CA or Boston, MA
The range for this full-time position is $450,000 - $475,000, plus a target bonus, equity compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k plan with match.
Our time off benefits include flexible/non-accrued PTO plus 12 paid holidays. Sick leave will also be accrued at the rate of one hour for every thirty hours worked. For employees eligible to take parental leave, we may provide up to 8 weeks of paid additional leave. Additional leave time may be available and may be paid from other sources.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on our postings reflects the minimum and maximum for new hire salaries. Within the range, individual pay is determined by interview performance, job-related skills, experience, relevant education and training, and other relevant factors. Please note the range reflects base salary and does not include target bonus, equity or benefits.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.