Versanis Bio, an Aditum Bio portfolio company, is a privately held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational treatments to people living with cardiometabolic disease. Bimagrumab is the lead Versanis Bio program and currently in late phase 2 clinical development, with a goal of helping overweight and obese adults achieve and maintain a healthy body composition.
Versanis Bio fosters an innovative and collaborative environment focused on employee personal growth and accountability. We are seeking self-motivated employee with a passion for improving lives of patients and their families.
We are seeking a highly motivated Manager of FP&A to join our Team. The Manager of FP&A will collaborate with R&D functions to develop financial plans and to prepare analysis that will assist management in making business decisions about the company’s future. We are seeking a strong, self-starting, organized, and energetic individual with a high level of integrity. The company is looking for that ‘go-to’ person who enjoys learning and accomplishing tasks in a fast-paced, team environment. Strong work ethic, solid communication skills, and attention to detail are a must.
Key responsibilities include preparing annual budgets and forecasts. The successful candidate will take a lead role in preparing financial analysis to help the business in economic decisions. This position reports to the Senior Director Finance/Controller.
- Engage with R&D leaders to develop annual budget and 3-year plan, as well as to maintain real-time forecast estimates including Clinical trials and CMC manufacturing
- Support department and program team’s strategic decisions through accurate and timely reporting of information
- Review spending proposals to determine budget status
- Analyze financial performance against budgets and provide detailed commentary on underlying variance drivers in support of monthly and quarterly accounting close process
- Identify improvements to finance processes, and drive change through consensus building and action
- Take ownership of tasks, projects and analysis with minimum supervision
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective
- Strong attention to detail with ability to act proactively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization and externally
- Good time management capabilities and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and, at times, uncertain or changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, integrating cross-functional issues, and balancing competing priorities effectively
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset with desire to positively impact a new company’s evolving culture
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Passionate, adaptable, and keen on working in the fast-paced biotech startup space to drive cutting-edge science
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant finance or accounting position preferred
- Prior biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office, including Excel formulas and pivot tables, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and to gain consensus for any proposals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Experience working with Prendio, Quickbooks, Netsuite and budgeting software
The range for this full-time position is $160,000 - 180,000, plus a target bonus, equity compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on our postings reflects the minimum and maximum for new hire salaries. Within the range, individual pay is determined by interview performance, job-related skills, experience and relevant education and training. Please note the range reflects base salary and does not include target bonus, equity or benefits.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.