Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We are currently seeking a Legal & Third Party Risk Intern to join our Legal team! Our team is a very collaborative one, and you'll also have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple teams at Addepar. Accuracy, strong attention to detail, and excellent research and writing skills will be key to success in this role. You will be responsible for assisting the Legal team in coordinating the company's Third Party Risk Management Program, preparing and reviewing various legal documents, including sales, buy-side technology license and other agreements, and other related legal tasks.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $35/hr.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Research, analyze, and draft memos on various legal topics, including data protection, technology contracting, and electronic marketing
- Review executed contracts and provide analysis regarding key provisions for use by attorneys and other team members
- Assist in the management of the contract drafting and execution process for sales contracts, vendor and other agreements
- Support the Third Party Risk Manager in vendor due diligence and new vendor intake, including the collection and analysis of compliance documentation
- Assist in the roll-out of policy and procedure documents and the creation and refinement of various legal and third party risk training modules
Who You Are
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) in pursuit of a bachelor's degree & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks until they are completed
- Ability to collaborate with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and company executives
- Ability to build a plan, prioritize initiatives, and complete both independently and collaboratively
- Prior completion of at least one pre-law or contracts class is preferred
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.