Job Location: Remote, India
Acquia, is redefining the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are hardworking and relentlessly committed to helping our clients build digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a constantly evolving, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Acquia team is looking to hire a Database Administrator to support our second-to-none Cloud hosting services. Join a global team of database and systems professionals supporting our outstanding customers.
- Implementation, Configuration of MySQL database
- Collaborate with our Engineering team to define technical infrastructure environments using MySQL
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Automate repeatable tasks
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders; determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assist in the development of systems and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
- Evaluate, test and produce recommendations for the selection of DBMS software, data management tools and utilities and replication tools
- Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality
- Provide guidance, upon occasion, for tuning recommendations on Customer applications
- Provide data administration support of the development and maintenance of production applications
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
- Performance and Tuning at server and query level
- Provide production support
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support for Priority 1 issues
- Be an escalation resource for Operations team for challenging database-related issues
- Uphold policy guidelines and recommend new/improved guidelines
- Research new technologies for MySQL
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform in all of the basic database skills of database administration, overall architecture, and database analysis
- Provide standardization and consistency across environments
- Ensure a stable and secure database environment
- 4-6 yrs Strong MySQL administration
- Experience working with DBAs and development teams
- Production support or technology administration supporting internal systems
- Strong UNIX/LINUX administration skills
- Experience with Linux Shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant DBA experience
- Basic understanding of AWS Cloud and its foundational services
- Percona XtraDB Server
- Percona XtraDB Cluster
- AWS Aurora
- Basic knowledge of AWS Services
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with developing automation scripts
- Experience with other database technologies (noSQL, memcache, redis, RDS, Cassandra, etc.)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team.
- Embraces a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognises the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates integrity by aligning Acquia's values with behaviour.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts fearlessly and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.