Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
The Program Manager is tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long-term goals. This position leads with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and delegation. The Program Manager is a highly skilled professional who helps organizations stay on schedule, on spec, and ultimately on an upward trajectory of success and growth.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Work closely with the project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Develop and manage the budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in your everyday work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- Determine and plan Widen Community site functionality and engagement that helps Widen customers solve problems, connect to the right people, and self-serve as much as possible.
- Create engaging content and experiences for the Widen Community to increase customer engagement.
- Plan and manage Widen Community content and engagement calendar and work with Customer Support and Product teams to align work and efforts.
- Moderate the Widen Connect community forum with posts and reactions to customer involvement. Escalate ideas and support cases when needed.
- Focus on Widen customer community and events programs including Widen User Groups (WUGs), Widen Connect (the online community), Widen Summit (annual users conference), and the Widen Advocates leadership community.
- Collaborate with customer support, product, UX, and product managers to determine customer enrichment content and topics of relevance in a many-to-one scaled format using WUGs and other engagement spaces.
- Manage the growth of WUGs throughout the world by creating content, hosting and moderating events, and segmenting customer groups.
- Represent the customer journey as it relates to involvement in Community channels, partnering with Service Design to map optimal experiences and leading cross-functional efforts to execute vision.
- Partner with Customer Support Manager to understand the full customer journey, offering insights and recommendations to bring community-driven and human-centered relationship tactics to the work.
- Creatively seek out ways to be the best part of each customer’s day including
- Supporting customer causes
- Surprise gifts/swag
- Personal notes/emails/meetings
- Making personal connections at events and WUGs
- Connecting community members to other community members
- Represent Widen at live events - both internal Widen events and out in the world
- Genuine interest in helping users solve problems
- Understanding of project management
- Proven experience in program management
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of digital marketing
- Working knowledge of change management principles
- Knowledge of Widen Applications
- Experience with Adobe applications
- Experience with API concepts
- Knowledge of applicable software programs based on specialty
Widen offers an extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and PTO. Besides the competitive compensation and benefits package, Widen believes in a flexible work schedule, community involvement, parental leave, life-work balance, and the benefit of wellness.
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup — to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.