Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
With the acquisition of Mautic, creator of the world’s only open marketing automation and campaign management platform, Acquia and Mautic form the only open alternative to expensive, closed, stagnant marketing clouds, expanding Acquia’s vision to offer the industry's first Open Digital Experience Platform. Customers can now automate, personalize, and measure the entire customer lifecycle – across every channel, at every stage, and at every interaction.
About the role you will be applying for...
We are seeking talented engineers to join our team to enhance and build robust software used to engage customers through our open source marketing automation platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will…
- partner with other distributed, agile team members to build beautiful and powerful web applications.
- write clean, SOLID, and testable PHP code.
- participate in peer code reviews.
- contribute to open source
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- love writing code.
- comfortable giving and receiving feedback through code reviews.
- have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- be a team player in distributed and cross team environments.
- be self motivated with a strong work ethic.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- have 4-5 years of experience in hands on PHP development
- have experience in running and debugging highly concurrent and distributed systems.
- have advanced knowledge in clean, secure PHP object-oriented programming.
- have advanced skills in PHP automated testing (i.e. PHPUnit).
- have advanced skill in MySQL with optimized query design.
- be comfortable using git and git submodules.
Extra credit if you have experience with…
- working in an agile environment.
- Symfony and/or Laravel.
- REST API design specifically OpenAPI specification.
- contributing to an open source community.
- Kubernetes, Docker and/or microservices in general.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.