Staff Drupal Developer (1278)
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Digital Marketing team is responsible for the enhancement and maintenance of Acquia.com
While the primary focus is Acquia.com, we are also responsible for dev.acquia.com, engage.acquia.com, drupal.com and mautic.org. You will work cross functionally within Marketing but also with Engineering, Product Marketing and Pre-sales. Since we use the products that we make, this is a great opportunity to learn and use all of the Drupal Cloud and Marketing Cloud products.
As a member of the Digital Marketing team you will be working closely with our current staff of engineers, located in the US and India, performing code reviews, managing releases, coordinating site updates and even getting some hands on development projects. The role is a hybrid position, you could be doing custom development, mentoring team members, but you will be a key member in helping us establish a larger development practice in Pune, while partnering with our partner agency.
- Has top-notch communications skills - spoken and written, 1 on 1 as well as in large team settings (in person and remote)
- Provides technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Collaborates with the Digital Marketing Team and other cross functional groups in North America (During ET hours to start, but then flexible after)
- Perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scoping a technical solution for large scale Drupal projects
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as external Partner agencies.
- Strong leadership skills
Key Skills and Attributes:
- 4+ years developing Drupal applications. Drupal 8/9 experience required.
- 5+ years industry experience leading software development and/or DevOps projects
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills using PHP and MYSQL.
- PHP, PHP Frameworks like Symfony
- MySQL 5.x, Git, XML/XSLT
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Database design, development, and performance tuning using MYSQL database
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build meaningful experiences
- Strong problem-solving abilities, taking initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges; has a positive influence on peers.
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration.
- Work collaboratively with members of the marketing team supporting webinars and blog posts and other marketing collateral.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Acquia Certified Grand Master would be a bonus but relevant job experience is a plus.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.