Head of Staff, Engineering
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The Head of Staff, Engineering will join the Acquia office in Pune as a senior staff member. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Head of Staffing will help recruit high performing teams in accordance with Acquia’s growth strategy. These teams will collaborate closely with staff in the US so flexibility in working hours is important. The Head of Staffing will provide ongoing career development, training, and performance oversight for employees, as well as measure progress and success against quarterly initiatives. Definition of success is that employees feel this is the best job they have ever had.
- Build, retain and motivate high performing product engineering team
- Growing the teams consistent with the needs of the business
- Providing oversight on methodology and team productivity
- Removing impediments that block or slow down the development of teams
- Ensuring that the right roles are filled by the right people
- Motivating employees to achieve the business goals of the product
- Career development, campus hiring, training, and onboarding
- Measuring progress against quarterly goals and initiatives
- Monitor and evolve high quality and efficient agile based engineering processes
- Proactively seek ways to improve team functioning, cohesiveness, and effectiveness.
- Make Engineering in Pune a great place to work
- Plan extra-curricular activities (shared with the HR team)
- Communicate with vendors on a monthly/quarterly cadence regarding existing contractors and hiring new contractors
- Groom/mentor engineering managers for leadership skills
- Passionate about people more than technology
- Ability to sell the company and culture
- Uncompromising focus on excellence
- Empathetic towards customers and all the roles required to build a successful product
- Extremely organized
- Strategic thinker who can undertake strategic initiatives that drive innovation
- Expert facilitator
- Biased towards action and practical solutions
- Inquisitive and has a knack for seeking out truth
- Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives
- Ability to inspire others by championing change and innovation to achieve common goals
- Ability to communicate vision by translating strategic vision and linking it to practical and achievable department goals and plans. Makes complex ideas, issues and situations clear and understandable.
- Multifaceted contributor who can bring people together toward solutions.
- Partner with ILT and leadership to have comprehensive Business Continuity Plans
- 10+ years managing software engineering teams
- Experience managing managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trained in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Well versed in JIRA and Confluence
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.