Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Does managing and extending massive cloud platforms get your creative mind racing? Do you love building and debugging open-source, LAMP-stack architectures using cutting-edge technologies? Do you want to manage the largest sites on the planet? Do you want to join a global team of DevOps experts and learn from the best?
Acquia is looking for passionate DevOps systems engineers and systems administrators to help us grow our second-to-none Cloud hosting services. We manage over 18,000 AWS EC2 servers powering some of the world's most popular Drupal web sites. Our Site Factory service is running over 35,000 web sites!
**** Shift available: Tuesday to Saturday ****
- Constantly improve the performance and reliability of our hosting platforms
- Ensure customer success by provisioning their hosting environments following Acquia best practices
- Debug intriguing LAMP stack problems
- Work closely with customer support and engineering to deliver second-to-none SaaS and PaaS services
- Maintain and enhance cloud management and monitoring tools
- Participate in an on-call, operations support rotation
- Capacity planning
- Perform work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Maintain positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges. Has a positive influence on peers.
- Participate in on-call rotations, generally once every 2 months for one weekend day
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in customer technical support or similar role
- Passion for web site configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
- Deep, working knowledge of web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred platforms)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Experience in a 24x7 hosting environment
- Experience with monitoring tools, scripting, and internet security
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration. Consistently follow up to take actions to meet committed deliverables. Keeping commitments is a symbol of honor. Doesn’t make excuses. Hold oneself accountable.
- Flexible: Demonstrates flexibility to the needs of the business.
- Positive, solution orientated: Gives their best and maintains a positive outlook.
- Collaborative: Works in collaborative and supportive manner.
- Good sense of humor
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, CloudStack)
- Monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, Sensu, BMC, OpenView)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Subversion, Git)
- Scripting experience with PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Web security (e.g., IDS systems, DOS prevention)
- Scalable hosting cluster experience (e.g., nginx, Varnish, GlusterFS, etc.)
- Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.