Job Title: Senior Manager, Engineering
Job Id: 984
Job Location: Pune
Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
Campaign Studio (formerly known as Mautic) is creator of the world’s only open marketing automation and campaign management platform. Acquia and Campaign Studio form a compelling open alternative to expensive, closed, stagnant marketing clouds, expanding Acquia’s vision to offer the industry's first Open Digital Experience Platform. Customers can now automate, personalize, and measure the entire customer lifecycle across every channel, at every stage, and at every interaction.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of high performing engineers and deliver high quality code in an agile environment
- As a hands on manager, design and develop high-quality server-side code (API and microservices)
- Help product team prioritize features and be a champion of the engineering team in release/sprint planning
- Facilitate code reviews and establish best practices in the engineering team
- Manage performance of direct reports (Review, Rating and Reward)
- Hire and train/retain top talent on the team
- Contribute to the technical architecture of Acquia marketing cloud codebase
- Collaborate with other engineering managers across the organization
- Collaborate across the other disciplines in the organization (professional services, sales consultants, product management, executive management)
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in managing an engineering team.
- 5-10 years of hands on PHP software development experience
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in performance tuning MySQL database configuration & SQL queries.
- Experience with Agile (eg Scrum) and test driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Concurrency
- Experience building Microservices and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Service (EC2, S3) or Google Cloud or Azure.
- BigData experience
- MarTech (Marketing Technology) experience
- Contributing to an open source community
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.