Senior Software Engineer (900)
Job Location : Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
The Developer Experience Engineering team is growing and we are looking for passionate engineers who want to build the next generation of tools for Acquia’s biggest customers. This highly functioning and fast-paced team is responsible for building and maintaining APIs and automated deployment and testing pipelines for a wide variety of customer applications on our platform. These DevOps solutions are part of a new suite of tools our customer developers will use for building great digital experiences.
As the Software Engineer, you will…
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with front end engineers, infrastructure engineers, and product management.
- Architect and implement an API microservice.
- Build performant, object-oriented applications and APIs.
- Develop flexible, secure, and performant DevOps workflows for a variety of customer applications.
- Work closely with junior engineers, performing code reviews.
- Contribute to system architecture discussions, and deliver high quality, tested code.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including planning, development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Develop unit and system tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for public and internal use.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Want to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence in not only for yourself, but for your teammates.
- Are passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software that provides direct value to customers.
- Enjoy refactoring code as you strive for continuous improvement.
- Are eager to learn modern methodologies and enjoy learning new strategies and techniques for solving complex problems.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 5+ years of experience building APIs using a modern scripting language such as Node, PHP, or Go (Show us your GitHub profile)
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
- Experience working in Agile and continuous delivery environments.
- Experience with modern CI/CD tooling, as well experience writing unit and system tests.
- Familiarity with large scale, distributed application development and system design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Extra credit if you…
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design and CQRS (Nice to have)
- Experience with additional programming languages.
- Experience with various AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, Kinesis, SNS, RDS)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.