Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
The Customer Experience Engineering team is growing and we are looking for passionate engineers who want to build the next generation of tools for Acquia’s biggest customers. This highly functioning and fast-paced team is responsible for creating customer-facing APIs with a great focus on performance, testing, and automation.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will…
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with front end engineers, infrastructure engineers, and product management.
- Design and develop performant, object-oriented applications and APIs using PHP.
- Contribute to system architecture discussions, lead projects, mentor junior team members, and deliver high quality, tested code.
- Design and develop features that will continue to evolve the customer facing APIs at Acquia.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including planning, development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Design and develop unit and system tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for public and internal use.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Want to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence not only for yourself, but for your teammates.
- Are passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software that provides direct value to customers.
- Enjoy refactoring code as you strive for continuous improvement.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 5-7+ years of experience with PHP (Show us your GitHub profile)
- 2+ years of experience with various AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, Kinesis, RDS and API Gateway).
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
- Experience working in Agile and continuous delivery environments.
- Experience with modern PHP development using Git, Composer, and PHP standards (PSRs).
- Experience with modern CI/CD tooling, as well experience writing unit and system tests.
- Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed applications and systems.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs and familiarity with networking protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP/2, and WebSocket.
- Familiarity with container-based application deployment using Docker or similar runtimes and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially transforming product requirements into development plans.
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience with Design by Contract, Domain-Driven Design and CQRS (Nice to have)
- Experience with additional programming languages.
- Experience with Drupal, Symfony or other PHP application frameworks.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.