Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
The Acquia Cloud Data services team is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate software engineers who want to collaborate, define, design, build, and operate enterprise-level persistent cloud services. This fast-paced team is focused on creating scalable Database and File System services and features from the ground up that are the backbone enabling our customers to securely deliver their brands and digital experience across the world to millions of users.
As the Software Engineer, you will…
- Design, develop features that help evolve the technical direction of the database and file system services.
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for internal teams and our customers.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Are passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Are experienced in multiple programming languages, including PHP, Ruby and Go.
- Are very comfortable in a Linux environment
- Have firsthand experience in database/Linux file system operations and management
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 3- 5 years of software development experience with a cloud based product
- Strong working knowledge of LAMP and Ruby based stacks
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Strong background with service oriented architecture, building scalable, reliable systems
Extra credit if you…
- Experience in different programming languages:
- PHP, Ruby, and Go.
- Experience with modern containerization systems
- Docker, LXC, runc, etc.
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
- Advanced knowledge of distributed database management and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of distributed file system management and concepts
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.