Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly to scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Acquia is seeking talented engineers who will be critical members of the Acquia R&D organization. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a high velocity team of engineers enhancing and building robust distributed systems.
An ideal candidate is one that has experience building resilient distributed systems, is passionate about open source software, has experience performance tuning application clusters at scale and is a strong team player. If you believe you are a match we'd love to talk with you.
- Design, implement and maintain the services that are highly available, scalable and reliable
- Debug complex distributed systems issues in production
- Work in an agile DevOps team collaborating and operating the Acquia services.
- Work closely with the Operations and Support teams to ensure a world-class experience for our customers
- Partner with Software Lead, Development Team and Product Owner to build and deliver high quality, high performance application features
- 5+ years of experience in software development background with the majority spent working on Cloud technologies
- BS in Computer Science (preferred), or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with AWS services such as – EC2, VPC, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, DynamoDB, AMI, Cloudwatch, SNS, SQS
- Experience with search technologies - Apache Solr (preferred)
- Experience with one or more of Monitoring tools - SignalFx (preferred)
- Experience in running and debugging highly concurrent and distributed systems
- Experience building and operating RESTful web Services
- Knowledge of automated testing, CI/CD tools like Jenkins and behavior tests like cucumber
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration
- Experience configuring, administering, and scaling web applications and services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
Good to have:
- Experience with Apache Solr and Zookeeper to manage SOLR implementation are a plus
- Drupal experience
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and/or microservices in general
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.