Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Brighton, Paris, Munich, and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Acquia provides an open cloud digital experience platform and professional services to enterprise customers. Our recent acquisition of Cohesion, a UK-based low-code platform for building enterprise grade websites at scale has opened new opportunities for Acquia to enable organizations to launch Drupal websites much faster, while still offering unprecedented creative freedom, brand consistency, and governance for digital marketers and content authors.
You will take on responsibilities across the development stack with your primary focus being front end. You will work to refactor and modernize some legacy AngularJS front end code into React with a strong voice on architecture and code style as well as defining how the application looks and functions. Other responsibilities include implementing greenfield features in React and maintaining and growing the ES6 node API.
The Cohesion acquisition by Acquia provides exciting future opportunities for developers looking to further their career over the long term.
- Develop new user-facing features in React
- Ongoing refactoring of legacy AngularJS features in React
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Functional test writing in ES6 using Cypress
- Collaborate closely with other team members and stakeholders
We're looking for collaborative people who have...
- Some experience using Node.js
- Good understanding of React and AngularJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js and Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as git
Extra credit if you have...
- Exposure to functional testing frameworks such as https://www.cypress.io
Soft skills needed
- Pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to detail
- Go the extra mile to deliver high quality work on time
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Very competitive salary from the world’s largest player in the Drupal space
- Private health insurance including pre-existing conditions
- Private dental plan
- 1:1 matched pension contributions