Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Senior Director, Marketing, EMEA
Acquia is looking for a Senior Director, Marketing to lead our Marketing function across EMEA. The role has principal responsibility for driving growth in Acquia’s fast growing EMEA region.
The right candidate thrives on the metrics and processes of modern Digital marketing to enterprise and mid-market customers. They will understand how to invest marketing programs spend to maximise results, test and optimise demand generation programs, manage an EMEA-wide field marketing organisation, develop marketing campaigns and measure the impact of marketing throughout the funnel. The candidate will lead a team of 5 regional field marketing and demand generation staff based out of three countries in Europe, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and GM, EMEA. You will work closely with the EMEA Sales teams and collaborate with Acquia’s corporate marketing team at headquarters. You will work closely with sales Management and share goals.
The individual will have an impact not only as a leader and strategic thinker, but also as a manager of day to day regional and local marketing programs execution who is willing to work as an individual contributor and to join with the team hands on in some cases to execute the marketing plan. They should have the ability to lead by example and influence and will strive to implement continuous improvement in all business process arenas.
- Lead, manage and develop a team located throughout the EMEA region with focus on achieving key demand generation/ fiscal objectives and driving regional go-to-market plans and revenue
- Work with the EMEA sales team to understand sales objectives and develop specific GTM plans to achieve sales goals
- Develop and optimise EMEA market-specific demand generation strategy to:
- Achieve and exceed quarterly marketing demand generation and opportunity creation targets
- Develop superior and highly effective programs across all channels, products and key market verticals to drive pipeline growth.
- Drive initiatives tailored to specific industry verticals and segments
- Manage the execution of integrated marketing campaigns that build pipeline and mature existing opportunities; this includes strategy, creative direction, campaign objectives, and validation
- Promote the Acquia brand and increase awareness by designing and implementing field marketing efforts for EMEA including: paid search, SEO, events, public and media relations, webinars, newsletters, trade shows and sales campaigns
- Act as evangelist for the brand, speaking eloquently on strategy and vision to support field initiatives
- Utilise critical market & competitive research to segment and define target markets and implement the best market-penetration strategies
- Guide development of premium content and engaging presentations, one-pagers, case studies, research reports, blog posts, social media, and webinars to highlight Acquia’s innovative value proposition and industry insights
- Act as key point of contact owning the relationship with corporate marketing at headquarters and a key point of escalation for the EMEA marketing team
- Ad Hoc strategic and tactical marketing projects for the CMO and VP, EMEA
- Significant experience at Director level, managing successful field marketing and demand generation programs across EMEA from creation through to execution, measurement, analysis and reporting across channels, products and verticals
- Proven success driving EMEA field marketing and demand generation for fast paced, high growth B2B software companies, ideally SaaS based.
- A proven people leader who can influence and motivate both within their own team and outside the function as a member of the EMEA Leadership team.
- Previous experience managing regional / global marketing budgets and processes.
- Demonstrable success in creating, executing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns across channels with a track record of success achieving KPIs in the B2B software space.
- Previous experience and passion for marketing web technology platforms and solutions, ideally open source but not essential
- Good knowledge of marketing tools, such as CRM (Salesforce), PPC and SEO tools and Marketing Automation (Marketo).
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, develop and lead a team (both local and remote) and deliver superior service to customers and colleagues with a distributed team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all channels including press releases, blog post, article, public speaking and social media communications
- High-energy, proactive, creative, team-oriented, analytical individual and leader
- Superior organisational and operational skills and attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, while meeting stringent deadlines
- Creative, resourceful, and out-of-the-box thinker
- Educated to degree level or higher in Marketing or business related field
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time to other sites, events, partners and vendors as needed
- Ability to matrix well across all organisational stakeholders, particularly Sales and Products.