Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Does running thousands of machines in the cloud without ever logging into a single box sound like the future to you? Do you like architecting applications that can scale horizontally to perform billions or trillions of monthly operations? Acquia is looking for a motivated software engineer to join our orchestration team.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
- Design and develop the services that manage Acquia Cloud Caching and Routing layer
- Research, specify, and test cloud hosting architectures leveraging your web, database, and architectural knowledge
- Own the services you build, from proof-of-concept to enterprise level SLA, build, test, deploy and operate
- Collaborate with other functional teams to support the larger Acquia Cloud vision
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently
- Strong object oriented programming experience with a scripting language such as PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with principles of domain-driven design, refactoring and writing clean, maintainable code
- Strong understanding of AWS load balancing services
- Strong understanding of API design, including RPC (e.g. Thrift, gRPC) and REST fundamentals
- Knowledge of software testing best practices (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, etc)
- Deep, working knowledge of linux operating systems (systemd, package management, memory management, etc)
- Experience with caching and routing of requests at the edge layer
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and web application hosting from the network layer up through the application layer
- Experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered
- Languages: PHP, Ruby, Go
- Experience with building or developing with Drupal open source CMS
- Automated testing experience (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS, Google Compute, Azure)
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.