Acquia is a rapidly growing, privately held technology company that provides a leading cloud platform for building, delivering and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences.
As Vice President, Finance, you will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting, revenue recognition, payroll, accounts payable, tax and treasury functions at Acquia. This person will be a key member of the finance leadership team and will interface regularly with finance and company senior leadership. You will also help prepare Acquia to be a public company, which is an aspiration of the company.
About the Team
Comprised of approximately 20 finance professionals primarily located in Boston, Massachusetts and Reading, UK. The current direct reports include the Revenue Controller and Accounting Controller.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President, Finance will serve as a key financial advisor to senior management, working closely with the CFO and Chair of the Audit Committee. S/He will be responsible for the maintenance and enforcement of corporate accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP, ensuring the integrity of the company's financial data and reporting. The Vice President, Finance will also be responsible for fostering a partnering environment within the CFO organization and across the company as well as ensuring an environment of strong internal controls. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Manage revenue accounting, general accounting, accounts payable, cash management, equity accounting and tax compliance functions
- Support and oversee monthly, quarterly and year-end close process and global consolidation
- Ensure that internal and external accounting and reporting is in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements and that the company is in compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements
- Oversee research of technical accounting issues and be final decision maker with respect to technical accounting matters and non-routine transactions; also, monitor, understand and communicate pending FASB proposals, their timing and potential effects
- Ensure effectiveness and adequacy of policies, procedures and controls for the company, creating new/improved mechanisms, policies and procedures when necessary
- Serve as principal interface with the independent public accountants (PwC) for the planning, coordination and conduct of their annual audit and other services across the company and their reporting to the Audit Committee
- Present to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on topics of special Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Assist in accounting for, and integration of, M&A transactions
- Develop future financial talent through training and mentoring of individuals, as well as staffing and recruiting of necessary skill sets
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency with US GAAP with demonstrated experience in a public company setting and/or prior Big 4 accounting experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with revenue accounting, specifically ASC 605 and/or 606
- SEC reporting experience
- Work experience within a global technology company preferred
- Strong leader with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience implementing/maintaining accounting/ERP systems and developing reporting and analytics capabilities
- Experience establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Exhibits a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Strong management/leadership skills; ability to lead people and get results through others
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage complexity and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful completion
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills necessary for interaction with company leadership and peers across various functions
- M&A experience, in particular post-acquisition integration, a plus
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.