ABOUT THE JOB
- Serve as a first point of contact for the Strategic Partnerships unit; handle internal and external communications and partnership inquiries
- Compose, edit and proofread communications for external audiences
- Remain informed about, and assist in providing, written updates to partners and stakeholders on relevant news and activities
- Generate, update, analyze performance and moves management reports
- Update and maintain database records
- Support internal contract drafting and review process
- Manage staff calendars, and assist in the arrangement and coordination of meetings and preparation of unit expense reports
- Conduct research on partners and prospects as necessary
- Track team campaign metrics
- Coordinate tasks and projects for the unit
- Undertake special projects as needed
- Excellent organizational, communication, proofreading, and editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining strong attention to detail, follow-through, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to collaborate, share information, and serve as a resource for others
- Ability to proactively contribute to assigned as well as unassigned tasks and projects, and work independently and with others to identify and solve problems
- Ability to apply sound judgment about sharing information internally and externally
- Ability to represent the organization to donors and work with all levels of staff and volunteers with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn about, the corporate partnerships field
- Familiarity with office software and fundraising databases
- Experience working at national or international nonprofits
- Social Media Savvy
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
The ACLU makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.