ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage and troubleshoot on premise and remote end-user requests and support issues in an Active Directory and hybrid Exchange/Office 365 environment
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships by communicating progress on user support issues, resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner and handling customers in a consummately professional manner
- Log, address and resolve all incidents and requests; engage other service desk resources or service resources, as appropriate, to resolve incidents beyond the Analyst’s scope of responsibility
- Follow up with other IT staff, as needed, to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication process is complete
- Research and evaluate new technologies, and keep current regarding new hardware and software products
- Respond to inquiries from National staff
- Handle special projects as assigned
- Provide on-call coverage on a rotational basis
- Travel as required to provide technical support to outside offices and at ACLU meetings and conferences
- Familiarity with at least one type of Helpdesk ticketing software preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Mac OS and Mobile technology
- Strong writing and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Ability to lift and carry IT hardware as needed
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or a related field, and three years of related experience; or a minimum of 5 years’ work experience providing IT support
- Intermediate level knowledge of enterprise infrastructure monitoring tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to effectively assist users, resolve issues and escalate as necessary
- Experience in standardized desktop and laptop image creation and management via Microsoft Windows Deployment Services
- Familiarity with mobile device management tools preferred (experience with AirWatch MDM is a plus).
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.