Be Part of a Pivotal Moment in History
The American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri Foundation, Inc., “ACLU-MO” is hiring a Digital Communications Associate – a communications professional who is looking for a meaningful opportunity in a vibrant organization that makes real change in Missouri and the lives of its residents. Our mission is timely. Our team is committed to protecting constitutional rights and civil liberties. And we are poised to succeed with a wide audience of over 50,000 subscribers.
At the ACLU, we take pride in our reputation of more than 100 years of fighting the hard fight for people whose civil rights are challenged or denied.
The Digital Communications Associate assists the Policy Director in creating content that furthers the ACLU’s strategic goals. This work involves writing social media content, creating graphics, recording and editing video content, website maintenance, mass emails, press releases, communications tool kits and special projects. The Digital Communications Associate will develop campaign materials, draft rapid response messaging, socialize events, create microsites, and produce reports. ACLU-MO is a statewide organization; some travel is required for this position.
Be the voice of ACLU-MO by
Becoming an expert in the ACLU’s voice and brand standards. You will use that voice to inform and mobilize ACLU-MO’s statewide community through blog posts, website, emails, event pages, online campaigns, action alerts, online graphics, videos, photography, audio clips, and social media posts across multiple platforms. You will design eye-catching digital assets such as memes, swag and more. Your work will drive forward the strategic goals of the ACLU.
Spearhead Important Communications Projects by
Planning, scheduling and implementing a digital communications plan and calendar and managing rapid response communications efforts. Beyond content creation, the Digital Associate will collaborate with the Policy Director to ensure that the content: is accurate, timely and reflects ACLU-MO’s goals.
Solidify ACLU-MO’s Statewide Presence by
Coordinating across ACLU-MO departments to broaden Missourians’ understanding of ACLU-MO’s work. Uplifting the voice of community members through op-eds and visuals. Creating infographics and reports for the ACLU.
Our Digital Associate will bring:
- Two to three years of relevant work experience. Experience in political or community-based work is valuable. Campaigns experience a plus.
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills.
- Experience and skill in desktop design and publishing software.
- A working knowledge of basic web technologies, content management systems (such as Drupal), and HTML, and experience in designing graphics for websites.
- Some video experience.
- Proven track record of positive media relations.
- The ability to maintain a standard of excellence and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills: a strong, consistent attention to detail, an organized work style, and the ability to follow through on assignments with minimum of direct supervision. Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven success in developing and implementing project plans, and possess the ability to work on several projects at various stages of completion.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; a personal approach that values the individual while respecting differences.
- Strong support of the ACLU and general familiarity with civil rights and civil liberties issues.
Finally, our Digital Associate will bring a commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU.
Compensation and Terms:
The ACLU-MO offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience, within the parameters of a Missouri-based non-profit. Benefits package including paid vacation and holidays; medical, dental and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; and 401(K) pension plan with employer contributions, and employer match of optional employee contributions.
Are You Ready to Join the Team?
E-mail letter of interest, resume, work sample or portfolio and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Digital Communications Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you saw this job posting. This job is located in St. Louis, Missouri. Please, no phone calls.
Application materials will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: email@example.com.