ABOUT THE JOB
- History of living in or working with immigrant communities, preferably in Wyoming
- Experience in community/field organizing and base building
- A history of working collaboratively and successfully with people and organizations from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and broad range of ideological positions and religious views
- Commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work on fast-paced campaigns with many moving pieces and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Self-starting and willing to learn
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to oversee volunteers and leaders
- Ability to travel across the state, as necessary, and participate in occasional evening and weekend meetings
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU, including a demonstrated commitment to racial justice and civil rights issues
- Preferred fluency in Spanish
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.