ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee ecommerce strategy in order to drive net sales and activate our audiences.
- Manage store budget and relationships with key vendors, partners, and resources.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in social media, online fundraising, analytics, paid media, brand marketing, and development to identify, build, implement, and measure digital and viral marketing strategies.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on trends, sales, transaction data, and customer feedback.
- Work closely with social media team to create new store products based on active campaigns or institutional areas of focus.
- Own management, execution, and operations of occasional pop-up shops.
- Work closely with design, social media strategists, and vendors on product development.
- Collaborate with internal marketing and development teams to identify partnerships to pilot with key brands, peer groups, and influencers.
- Ensure the store is current with product content, descriptions, imagery, and inventory.
- Manage and execute monthly ecommerce calendar.
- Keep abreast of industry news, technologies, trends and opportunities, piloting and implementing emerging technologies for ecommerce.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- 3-5 years of relevant ecommerce experience, ideally for a nonprofit or advocacy organization.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and professionally with a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven experience in exercising judgment in breaking news and rapid response environments.
- Experience using ecommerce software.
- A strong desire to test and learn – this includes a comfort with failure and a desire to learn from failures in order to improve.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a fast-paced and passionate team.
- A demonstrated interest in civil liberties and civil rights and passion for the work of the ACLU.
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.