AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Graduate Intern, Digital media Product Analyst to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
AccuWeather is seeking an MBA candidate to join our team as a Digital Media Product Analyst Graduate Intern for the 2018 summer. The successful candidate will have competitive analysis coursework to make recommendations on immediate actions to improve Digital Media analytics capabilities by investigating automation, database solutions and front-end dashboard and analysis tools. The successful candidate will also identify analytics needs for Digital Media products and investigate powerful data ‘mash-ups’ that have the potential to deliver additional value and insights.
What You Will Be Doing
- Investigate data available from our various analytics sources, including (but not limited to):
- Apple’s iTunes Connect
- Microsoft Developer Portal
- Google Play Developer Console
- Google Analytics (cross platform)
- Flurry Analytics
- Urban Airship
- Crash Tracking Platform
- Distimo/Xyo (competitive landscape and analysis)
- Review current (manual) metrics analysis and report generation with a focus on Digital Media applications, but also Digital Media websites.
- Research potential metrics storage and analysis solutions and create a report of findings (SAAS, DBAAS, Statistical Software, etc).
- Study various analytics sources and create a report including:
- Available base metrics by product.
- Available base metrics by source.
- Recommendations of valuable secondary analysis that can be performed by combining base metrics.
- Work with product stakeholders to articulate consolidated requirements for a cross platform automated metrics gathering/reporting platform.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience That We Are Looking For
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Course work in competitive analysis.
- Course work in consumer behavior and trends.
- Course work in statistics.
- Experience with mobile devices preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong entrepreneurial attitude.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.