AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
The Systems Engineer works with a cross-functional team of highly skilled technology professionals to design, implement, administer, and support a robust and stable service architecture. This requires advanced application of best practices and techniques in security, networking, and content delivery across servers, firewalls, cloud services, and custom applications. The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and interpersonal skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the design, configuration, and administration of Windows Servers, IIS, DNS, SQL Server, CDN, F5 BIG-IP, Active Directory, and other related technology hardware and services.
- Provide on-call support for critical systems.
- Proactively identify and initiate resolution of production service issues.
- Work closely with Operations and Development staff to ensure high levels of security, stability, and automation.
- Develop and share deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud services.
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff and vendors to achieve rapid resolution of production issues.
- Identify and spread knowledge of new technologies that enhance production services and architecture.
- Maintain multiple, consistent environments (Development, Test, QA and Production).
- Work with technical writers to develop accurate and detailed system diagrams and documentation.
Experience We Are Looking For
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of Windows system administration experience. Expertise in both Windows and Linux is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud and virtualization technologies. Azure administration experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of firewalls, load balancing, TCP/IP, the OSI model, routing & switching, DNS, and Active Directory is required.
- Experience with administration of Akamai (or other CDN) and/or F5 BIG-IP is preferred.
- Fundamental programming, scripting, and automation skills/knowledge is required. Experience with Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, and/or Java is desirable.
- Knowledge of information security best practices is preferred. Industry certifications such as CISSP or CISM are a plus.
- Direct experience with and/or knowledge of any of the following is preferred:
- Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- MongoDB, memcached, Redis
- Logging, analytics, and Big Data
- Clustering and SAN technology
- Packet analysis using tcpdump, wireshark, or similar tools.
- Additional web-related items such as Apache, Varnish, and SSL certificates.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer