The Senior Cloud Administrator works with a cross-functional team of highly skilled technology professionals to design, implement, administer, and support a robust and stable service architecture. This requires advanced application of best practices and techniques in security, networking, and content delivery across servers, firewalls, cloud services, and custom applications. The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and interpersonal skills.
Who You Are
- You immerse yourself in all aspects of cloud technologies.
- You are looking for an opportunity that will test your skills, and help you grow and learn in the ever changing world of technology.
- You are ready to face and spearhead operational support issues.
- You welcome and accept challenges.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead the design, configuration, and administration of cloud resources, primarily in Azure.
- Mentor and guide junior staff members.
- Provide on-call support for critical systems.
- Proactively identify and initiate resolution of production service issues.
- Work closely with Operations and Development staff to ensure high levels of security, stability, and automation.
- Develop and share deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud services.
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff and vendors to achieve rapid resolution of production issues.
- Identify and spread knowledge of new technologies that enhance production services and architecture.
- Maintain multiple, consistent environments (Development, Test, QA and Production).
- Work with technical writers to develop accurate and detailed system diagrams and documentation.
Experience We Are Looking For
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of system administration experience with knowledge of both Windows and Linux.
- 4+ years of experience with cloud and virtualization technologies. Azure administration experience is preferred.
- Expert understanding of resource provisioning, monitoring, and optimization.
- Knowledge of information security best practices is preferred. Industry certifications such as CISSP or CISM are a plus.
- Direct experience with and/or knowledge of any of the following is preferred:
- F5 BIG-IP
- Programming and scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, Java, and/or additional languages.
- Logging, analytics, and Big Data
- Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- MongoDB, memcached, Redis
- Clustering and SAN technology
Skills We Are Looking For
- Sense of urgency. You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- A team player. You have the ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with your direct teammates as well as co-workers throughout AccuWeather.
- Passion. You have a strong excitement and love for technology. You pride yourself on being efficient at your job.
- Rapid learner. You thrive on applying your knowledge and learning new technologies. You think outside the box because you don’t believe in the “one-size-fits-all” solution. You easily adapt to the ever changing, fast pace environment around you.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.