AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for an Executive Producer, Program Manager to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
Supervises and oversees the editorial vision of all programming and native advertising appearing on the AccuWeather Network. The AccuWeather Network is a 24-7 cable news network covering the latest breaking weather news, in depth analysis of weather trends as well as local and national forecast information.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for the overall vision, content, editorial planning process, and day to day editorial operations for the 24-7 Network.
- Buildout field capabilities
- Partner with advertising sales teams on creative approaches for responsible integration of ad partners.
- Work with advertising sales team on long term editorial and events calendar
- Work with engineering staff to ensure appropriate equipment and workflow procedures are in-place
- Coach and mentor network staff
Experience We Are Looking For
- Must have at least 8 years of experience in live television, preferably in a 24-7 news environment
- Must have at least 5 years of experience managing and training a team
- Interest and knowledge of the weather news
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be willing to work in State College PA
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Entrepreneurial spirit; willingness to try out new ideas and concepts
- Deep familiarity with social and digital channels that drive increased viewership and engagement and an understanding of how to integrate them into daily production
- Ability to perform long and short term planning
- Sound journalistic judgment
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer