AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Product Manager, Data and Consumer Financial Services to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Reporting directly to the Product Office, the Product Manager, Data and Consumer Financial Services is responsible for the overall development and execution of the AccuWeather strategy around the collection, packaging and distribution of data packages supporting Financial services, as well as leading the consumer-based trading products, including the Forecaster Challenge and fee-based trading services for consumers. The Product Manager will also work closely within the P.O, AES, IT and R&D, as well as with AccuWerather’s Financial Services Partners to help define strategy and coordination within the division with regard to the assigned products that might be developed and distributed.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for development and execution of AccuWeather Data and Consumer Financial Services business plan.
- Responsible for coordination of these Financial Services-related products across the company, such as within Digital Media, Marketing and Forecasting
- Working with the P.O., IT and Research & Development to translate market needs into product specifications.
- Coordinate with Marketing to publicize and drive usage of the products.
- Oversee and execute as needed all aspects of product management for data and consumer financial service products
- Other duties as assigned or become evident.
Experience We Are Looking For
- BS in meteorology and at least 3 years of experience in meteorological product development.
- Strong entrepreneurial experience and mind-set to create new business opportunities.
- Knowledge of how trading challenges in sports work in order to help develop similarly successful weather challenges.
- Previous experience translating client needs into product definitions and specifications.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and persuading senior level executives both internally and externally.
- Ability to identify emerging opportunities, build and lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience in executing business plans and seeing projects to completion.
- Experience working cross-functionally and managing in-house creative resources.
- Proven ability to generate fresh ideas and creative solutions that increase revenue.
- An effective communicator who will work seamlessly with other departments within a matrix organization.
- A dynamic and successful motivator to create and deliver clear and compelling presentations to top-level management inside and outside of the company.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial mind-set and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Must be based at AccuWeather’s Global Headquarters in State College.
- Ability and desire to travel as needed.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer