Position: Associate Sales Strategist
Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Location: New York, NY
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Associate Account Manager assists the Sales Strategy Team and Sales Reps on all Digital RFPs and Insertion Orders for Direct and Programmatic Sales. This position requires working directly with other Sales Strategists/Account Managers, Sales Reps, Ad Operations, and Marketing teams to gather necessary materials, complete any necessary sales forms, fill out spec sheets, etc. They will also assist sales in prospecting and lead gen. Account Managers liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
- Assist with implement all RFPs and Insertion Orders in Ad Serving platform, DFP
- Forecasting digital ad inventory for RFPs and incoming IOs
- Complete media plan templates and additional RFP materials including spec sheets
- Act as the liaison between Advertisers and Ad Operations to get campaigns live and address any client spec, tag & creative questions
- Help manage and sustain client relationships, develop deeper relationships, and explore areas of growth
- Assist in creating wrap reports and decks by gathering screenshots and data, deck formatting, and implementing timeline
- Translating campaigns into internal docs for Operations team to activate against
- Manage 3rd party creative teams, for all custom campaign deliverables
- Maintain organized tracking of live campaigns and schedule of campaign deliverables
- Provide limited sales support including meeting preparation, gathering materials
- Assist sales in lead gen through MediaRadar
- Four-year college degree
- Eager to learn and grow in a media/sales environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills, analytical abilities, excel skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Pro-active, self-starter, great organizational skills including good time management skills
- An acute attention to detail is a must
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent people skills
Salary Range: AccuWeather offers a competitive salary commensurate to experience in the range of 45-50k
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience, and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.