Who We Need & What You’ll Do
Want to be part of a team that is a global leader in traffic, serving trillions of requests monthly? We are looking for a Lead Quality Engineer with a passion for delivering world class systems; someone who strives for continuous delivery and automation.
We’re looking for someone who loves innovation, leveraging cutting edge technologies, and enhancing the AccuWeather delivery lifecycle. In this position, you will develop and implement testing strategies, plans and other testing artifacts for the Subscriptions product-line to provide a meaningful impact on our end-user experience. You will lead a team of Quality Engineers to ensure quality is delivered for AccuWeather's products, on time and with high quality.
Remote candidates are being considered for this exciting opportunity.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Proactively lead the QE team, ensuring that software is delivered with high quality and low risk
- Design and develop test strategies and test plans
- Provide test estimation and planning in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate with Development, DevOps, Strategy, Product Management and Support teams to foster a team-based approach to high quality releases
- Lead and mentor QE team members, as well as manage outside contractors
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures, both manual and automated
- Identify and track defects from discovery to resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5 or more years of experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3 or more years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated experience in a lead position, including prior hands-on quality engineering experience
- Expertise in test planning, test case management, code coverage, defect analysis, and QA activities on multiple, concurrent, releases across a set of products
- Experience in continuous testing, continuous delivery, and agile best practices
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures to support various development methodologies
- Understanding of QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Experience coordinating with external QA and QE resources and working within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Experience with testing and automation tools (Jira, Zephyr Scale, Selenium, SauceLabs)
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration and automation (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Firebase)
- Self-driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with exceptional collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and inter-departmental challenges
- Remote candidates in Canada and the United States are being considered for this opportunity
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.