Who We Need & What You’ll Do
AccuWeather is looking for a Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition to join our hiring team. You will use your expertise to research, develop, and improve AccuWeather’s recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for our growing organization.
You will ensure a seamless, candidate friendly hiring process by leading the recruitment and onboarding process while actively maintain lines of communication between hiring managers and candidates. We are looking for someone who join our hiring team’s commitment to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition is a hybrid role required to work onsite 2-3 times/week at AccuWeather's State College, Pennsylvania facility.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Lead all aspects of the full lifecycle recruiting process for AccuWeather
- Use LinkedIn and other tools to source top candidates that meet AccuWeather’s hiring needs and create a robust talent pipeline.
- Maintain job folders and AccuWeather’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) including Applicant Flow, EEO data, staff referrals, etc.
- Ensure the best candidate experience from application thru on-boarding.
- Track all recruitment activity in applicant tracking system and providing accurate reporting of metrics. Manage weekly recruiting report.
- Accountable for adhering to federal and state employment laws and driving diversity recruitment initiatives throughout the company.
- Drive process improvements to AccuWeather’s standardization of recruiting strategies and drive process improvements.
- Assist in the design, planning and execution of recruitment activities as well as participate in job fairs and recruiting events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 or more years of managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process, along with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field
- Active SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- Experience using Linkedin Recruiter and ATS systems (such as GreenHouse).
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations including, but not limited to, EEO, ADA, OFCCP regarding employment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Can coordinate, prioritize, and solve problems in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.