AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businessines in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
This position will focus on policies, compliance and analytics within the Human Resources team at AccuWeather. Within this role, you will rely on your HR expertise to guide revision and development of policies and coaching leaders and team members. You will also be a Strategic Business Partner and collaborate with others in the company to advise on policy and effective project and performance management with a focus on employee experience and business performance.
The HR Generalist will work onsite at AccuWeather's Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Understanding of compliance reporting and ability to share knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law with managers.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to managers and team members as employee relations issues arise, as needed.
- Understanding of Human Resources dashboard and analytics, focused on providing insights and narratives around company metrics in benefits, compensation, compliance, talent, attrition, performance management, learning & development, etc.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to anticipate issues and develop effective solutions, programs and policies.
- Collaborate with a wide cross-section of Human Resources and Business Leaders to ensure quality and results of HR initiatives across the business units.
- You will utilize qualitative and quantitative data in order to inform key HR-related decisions.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. You will partner with the legal department on these initiatives as needed.
- Assist with learning and development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 3 or more years of escalating HR generalist responsibility, employee relations/performance management experience
- Strong knowledge of compliance, employment and labor laws
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skill, applied to employee communication, investigation and issue resolution.
- Analytical, skilled at interpreting data, understanding complex problems and driving solutions
- People focused with a genuine interest in listening, empathizing and guiding employee development
- Demonstrated learning agility and navigating conflict resolution
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- An engaged and creative problem solver
- A critical thinker, capable of exercising sound judgement in support of AccuWeather’s goals and team members
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.