AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a talented Web Solutions Architect with demonstrated contributions as a thought leader and technology visionary – someone who has a passion for challenges and solving hard problems, enjoys collaborating with people, and implementing cutting edge technologies. As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for setting the technology objectives and strategies for AccuWeather’s applications and services and will interface with executives across business units to ensure their technology needs are prioritized and met accordingly. This position will work cross-functionally with Technology, Product, Design, and other groups in an Agile-based environment on AccuWeather’s Web technologies that cater to a global audience of consumers and enterprise customers.
Remote candidates are being considered for this exciting opportunity.
- Designs, plans, and drives implementation of solution architecture for our Web platforms
- Designs for security, compliance, reliability, and performance
- Conducts research on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on implementation and associated impacts
- Works in a consultative fashion with business unit leaders and executives
- Acts as an advisor of Web technologies that can improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Brings disparate solutions together in a scalable and resilient fashion
- Presents vision, strategies, and roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Maintains deep technical and business knowledge of technology markets, directions, and trends
- Represents the company technically and acts as an ambassador
- Maintains deep technical and business knowledge of weather-related data, technologies, and trends
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline with 3 or more years of experience in architecture field - OR - MS/MA and 1 or more years of experience in related field
- Experience as a solutions or strategic architect, bridging people and technology
- Experience building and managing cloud implementations in Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with cloud computing architecture, technical design, and implementations
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- Knowledge of cloud security design and architecture
- Good understanding of caching technologies and Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
- Experience in refactoring / redesigning of pre-existing software
- Experience in Agile development, Scrum, and/or Kanban methodologies
- Proven programming experience in cloud native application development platforms
- Ability to articulate and present a technical strategy, vision, and roadmaps to leadership and executives
- Good written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.